The investment objective of the Fund is to generate optimized, stable returns through a diversified, global, multi-credit portfolio, primarily by leveraging various investment teams, track records and strategies that exist under the Fiera Capital Private Alternatives investment platform. The strategy seeks to capture the dislocation in traditional banking dynamics via investments across geographies and multiple sectors of activity, including residential and commercial real estate lending, lower and middle market corporate lending, other asset based and specialty lending.
Why Invest in this Strategy
- A One-Stop Multi-Manager Solution: To gain exposure to a well-diversified multi-credit portfolio of in-house investment teams
- Portfolio Management Benefits: Optimization of multiple strategies to create a portfolio solution that generates the most favorable risk‑adjusted returns
- Disciplined Investment Process: Robust governance, risk management and portfolio monitoring discipline
- Access to Investment Specialists: Ability to leverage the vast expertise of Fiera Capital Private Alternative professionals
- Extensive Research and Due Diligence: Monitoring the quality of the underlying strategy teams, process, and investments
- Macroeconomic Expertise: A key factor in identifying asset classes, regions, and sectors where long term opportunities exist
- Diversification Benefits: Low correlation to traditional asset classes creates diversification benefits and reduces portfolio risk
- Compelling Income Generation: Strong and stable income stream; added benefit of the illiquidity premium achieved in private markets
- Inception Date
- Apr 1, 2008
- Assets Under Management ($M)
- $1,360 (As of Jun 30, 2021)
- $9.8749 (As of Aug 31, 2021)
- Last Distribution Paid ($)
- $0.0321 (Aug 31, 2021)
Monthly Performance as at August 31, 2021
|Jan.||Feb.||Mar.||Apr.||May||Jun.||Jul.||Aug.||Sep.||Oct.||Nov.||Dec.||Year / YTD|
|Net annualized return since inception||6.40|
|Year / YTD||1.63|
|Year / YTD||4.76|
|Year / YTD||6.31|
|Year / YTD||8.05|
|Year / YTD||9.13|
|Year / YTD||7.34|
|Year / YTD||6.02|
|Year / YTD||5.93|
|Year / YTD||6.03|
|Year / YTD||5.82|
|Year / YTD||8.12|
|Year / YTD||7.86|
|Year / YTD||5.02|
|Year / YTD||4.02|
Net annualized return since inception
Past performance is not a guarantee or indicator of future results. Inherent in any investment is the risk of loss.
Returns are net of fees payable to underlying strategy.
Jean-Guy Desjardins C.M., LSc Com, CFA
Candice Bangsund CFA
Majlinda Kamberi CAIA
Majlinda is a member of the Fiera Private Alternative Investments CIO Office. She is responsible for assisting the CIO Office in monitoring investment activities and strategies across internal and external private alternative platforms. Her role includes governance and risk assessment, performance analysis, portfolio construction and cash flow management. As part of the CIO Office, the objective is to support each Private Alternative platform and their teams to achieve investment performance objectives, innovation and strategic planning. Majlinda has been involved in researching, evaluating, monitoring, and helping construct global private debt portfolios, and today she serves as the Portfolio Manager for Global Diversified Lending Master Fund, L.P.
Majlinda began working in the alternative investments industry in 2006. She joined Fiera Capital in 2016 upon its acquisition of Larch Lane Advisors LLC. She worked at Larch Lane Advisors LLC from 2011 through 2016 as a hedge fund research analyst, and became a partner in 2013. From 2008 through 2011, Majlinda worked in Alternative Investment Solutions, the Fund of Hedge Funds group of UBS Global Asset Management, where she started as an investment analyst and received the title of investment officer in March 2011. She started her career at UBS in July 2006 as a hedge fund credit risk analyst, managing the investment bank’s counterparty relationships with hedge funds. Majlinda graduated simultaneously with BA and MA degrees in Economics from The City College of the City University of New York, and holds the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation.
The information provided herein does not constitute investment advice and it should not be relied on as such. It should not be considered a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell a security. It does not take into account any investor’s particular investment objectives, strategies, tax status or investment horizon. There is no representation or warranty as to the current accuracy of, nor liability for, decisions based on such information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Information pertaining to Fiera pooled funds is not to be construed as a public offering of securities in any jurisdictions of Canada. The offering of units of Fiera pooled fund is made pursuant to the fund’s Trust Agreement and only to those investors in jurisdictions of Canada who meet certain eligibility or minimum purchase requirements. Important information about Fiera pooled funds, including a statement of the fund’s investment objective, is contained in its Trust Agreement, a copy of which may be obtained from Fiera Capital Corporation. Unit values and investment returns will fluctuate. Please read the Trust Agreement of the pooled funds before investing. All performance data assume reinvestment of all distributions or dividends and do not take into account other charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns. Pooled funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.